I’ve long had a dream of connecting with other writers on the web. Writing.com? Paid for. And I’m not too sure I like any of the others I’ve come across. It’s because of just this, that I decided to work on WritingInn.
The idea’s been kicking around in my head for a very long time, and I guess I’ve always wanted to collaborate with others, discuss and such.
I’m going to be rewriting Authware for just that purpose. I’m currently dealing with architecting the code. I think I’m going to have a full permissions set, for which I have the author of this PHPFreaks permissions tutorial to thank.
In a way, it’s a big responsibility, and I think that apart from being a learning experience, it’ll be the first time I’m very security conscious.
Wish me luck, and don’t hesitate to send any ideas in.
Are Apple and Microsoft beginning to bond? Or are these ads serving to poke fun at Microsoft?
I’ve been so caught up watching movies that I’ve hardly done any real coding in the past few weeks. I’ve been forced to stop waxing philosophical about anything geeky on my other blog, so this has been a long time waiting in the sidelines.
I’ve rewritten the db abstraction layer for Authware. It was never anything fancy to begin with, and it still isn’t, but that isn’t my problem. It connects successfully, and that’s about it. Here’s the parent class that initializes the db object. I’ve been accused of writing Java code. Java? Where? How?
I’m sure you know such poorly written code is unnecessary. I’m just celebrating my freedom to do what I want.
At last, I shall be free to rant in peace. I’ll hopefully be moving most of my code section over here.
The old links to my page content will still work. I set up 301 redirects to the new content.
I tried installing Slackware today. I was too lazy to look up the parameters for
cfdisk, so I got out my Fedora DVD and wiped my second hard disk clean (there’s a Fedora install on it but my Windows Vista RC1 installation erased GRUB and installed its own tacky boot loader).
Dumb me! I realized when I was done that I could have gotten the parameter lists from the konsole, and worse, I deleted Kwame’s data (he’s been using a shared partition on my hard disk as a backup over the network). I hope he’s picked up most of his files — I don’t like to tell someone 19.2GB of data have gone POOF!
I’ll hopefully begin to move part of my development environment over to Linux in the next few weeks — that is, after I’ve fixed an invisible mouse pointer bug that’s unique to nVIDIA GeForce cards and Fedora. I’ve done it before, but my eyes are a little too tired to follow the highlighting of the various buttons and elements as my mouse pointer moves over them. Hmmph!